Both beginners and advanced are all welcomed.
-How to get dressed in Kimono
-Basic movements in Noh and Kabuki Dance
-Use of dance fans for expressive movements
-Repertory from Kabuki Dance
-Scholarships are available for advanced students with stage experience
-Students will have chances to perform publicly.
– The lesson fee* is to be paid monthly and is due on the first day of your lesson of the month. Please make the check payable to Sachiyo Ito and Company.
– A $25 registration fee is required. After an absence of 6 months the registration fee must be paid again.
– An alternative day for cancellation can be arranged with more than a week advance notice, but if other parties in the class cannot agree, your fee will be forfeited.
– Cancellation for a private lesson less than 24 hours cannot be accepted. Full payment of the fee is required.
– A formal bow to sensei, and your friends of the class at the beginning of a lesson as you say “Onegaishimasu,” and another bow at the end of the lesson with “Arigato gozaimashita” are to be practiced.
– Observe punctuality. Come early enough to change so you start on time.
– If you are late a few minutes, do not join in silence. You must bow to Sensei and friends, not interrupting the flow during the instruction, and join in the lesson.
– Late comers after 15 minutes should only observe the class.
– Parents can wait downstairs or in the dressing area/ foyer, but not in the dance space; except children are under 7 year’s old during the lesson.
For Adults and Children Over 13 years of Age Duration of the lesson is one hour.
Class Fee: $100 (4 hours);
Private Lesson Fee: $170 (4 hours) and $100 (2 hours)
All monthly fees must be paid in advance, at the first lesson of the month.
-Late payment after more than a week will incur an additional $5 to your fee.
-If one private lesson in the month is the only way you can continue, the fee is $55.
-If canceled less than 24 hours prior to the private lesson, the fee will be forfeited.
-The fee of the month cannot be carried over to the following month.
For Children Under 8 Years Old
Duration of the lesson is half an hour.
The fee for one private class is $25; one regular class is $20.
For Children 8-12 Years Old
Duration of the lesson is 45 minutes.
The fee for one private class is $30; one regular class is $25. If canceled less than 24 hours prior to the private lesson, the fee will be forfeited.
The fee of the month cannot be carried over to the following month.